Saturday, June 7, 2008

Christmas in July

As I mentioned before, Ginger over at Magical Holiday Home is planning a month long Christmas in July event. The whole purpose, of course, is to spend some time getting ready for the real deal a mere 5 months later! I've been working on a few ideas for my own Christmas in July to go along with Ginger's fabulous plans. For each week she has a movie planned, a craft, a chat with specific topics, and several other things. I am going to try to use this time as 31 mini Rudolph Days and do at least one thing Christmas prep related each day. It may be a tiny thing, but I'm going to work hard at getting as much done as possible. Here's a tentative list of things I might work on..how's that for evasive!!

+Shopping-I want to get at least 31 stocking stuffers purchased this month...that's a trip to the dollar store per day!
+Make several drink mixes (see recipes below) and vacuum seal them for later.
+Purchase jars for presenting mixes
+Make homemade apple butter
+Make homemade jalapeno jelly
+Participate in Ginger's crafty plans
+Decide on menus and make shopping lists
+Watch Ginger's movie of the week
+Read Christmas novels
+Celebrate with Christmas breakfast

Not sure what else I'll do, but that's sort of the starting point!

Merry, Merry!!
Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Please leave me a message to say hi!

About Me

I love to cook, decorate, entertain and plan the holidays. I'm wife to one handsome man and mom to three handsome boys, I love God, my family and my country. I'm the one at the small town parade waving the American flag!! Almost all the holidays are celebrated at our house, and we like it that way!!