Sunday, July 5, 2009
Luke 1: 26-38
Now in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent by God to a city of Galilee named Nazareth, to a virgin betrothed to a man whose name was Joseph of the house of David. The virgin's name was Mary. And having come in, the angel said to her "rejoice, highly favored one, the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women.
But when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying and considered what manner of greeting this was. Then the angel said to her "Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son and shall call His name JESUS. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Highest, and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David. And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there will be no end.
Then Mary said to the angel "How can this be, since I do not know a man?" And the angel answered and said to her "The Holy Spirit will come upon you and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God. Now, indeed Elizabeth, your relative has also conceived a son in her old age and this now the sixth month for her who was called barren. For with God nothing will be impossible."
Then Mary said "Behold the maidservant of the Lord! Let it be to me according to your word". And the angel departed from her.
- Christmas Trees!
- A Fun Christmas Party...a Ladies' Brunch
- The Song of Mary
- Fun Food Gifts
- A Basket for a Baker
- Hang on...
- Christmas 08
- Luke 1: 26-38
- Happy Birthday, America and an Unusual Christmas P...
- Come Home to Comfort!
- Just so you know...
- Day 2! Yummy Drink Recipes!
- A shout out and a blog giveaway!
- Why Christmas in July?
- ▼ July (14)
- Cathy Miller
- I love to cook, decorate, entertain and plan the holidays. I'm wife to one handsome man and mom to three handsome boys, I love God, my family and my country. I'm the one at the small town parade waving the American flag!! Almost all the holidays are celebrated at our house, and we like it that way!!