Wow-is time flying for you as quickly as it is for me? Are you scared or excited or both?
Here's that recipe I promised. It's an oldie but a goodie. I make it in a 9x13 cake pan, in muffin cups or even in mini muffin cups for mini peanut butter cups. It really does taste a lot like Reece's Cups...
Peanut Butter Cup Bars
1 cup margarine
2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
1 cup peanut butter (either smooth or chunky-I use smooth because that's what we eat on sandwiches)
2 cups chocolate chips, melted
Melt margarine in saucepan. Add crumbs, confectioners' sugar and peanut butter. Mix well. Spread evenly in buttered 9x12 baking pan. Spread melted chocolate over top. Chill until firm. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
These babies freeze like a dream, and to tell you the truth, I like to eat them while still slightly frozen. Or thawed...which ever way I can get them!! I think I'm going to make these for gifts this year, put them in the mini muffin cup papers and package them a dozen to a box. I am going to pick up candy boxes at Hobby Lobby and and tie it all up with a sparkly (of course) ribbon...who wants to be on MY gift list this year??
Whatever you do today to get ready for Christmas is that much less you have to do in December!
- Not even December and I'm already feeling behind.....
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- 29 Days-a tiny sneak peek and a schedule, of sorts...
- 30 Day Countdown...and we're off!
- Spy Elves!
- 38 days!
- Wrapping up Christmas
- Christmas Goodies
- 46 Days and Counting!
- Peanut Butter Cup Bars and 47 Days!
- Decking the Halls-48 days left!
- 49 Days of Christmas Fun!
- ▼ November (12)
- Cathy Miller
- I love to cook, decorate, entertain and plan the holidays. I'm wife to one handsome man and mom to three handsome boys, I love God, my family and my country. I'm the one at the small town parade waving the American flag!! Almost all the holidays are celebrated at our house, and we like it that way!!