Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Getting there...

This is a picture from last year...I used my vintage Santa and a mercury glass one we got for our Christmas wedding shower (yes, I had a Christmas themed wedding shower in September before our October 98 wedding!! How totally cool is that?), along with some books and snowflakes. I loved the way it looked....



This year? Not happening. The mantle is just not coming together as well as I would have hoped. In fact, none of the decorating is coming together. I'm struggling....but it's finally falling into place, piece by piece.
I'm almost done with the kitchen, and they boys' room just needs a snow flurry or two to finish it...their bathroom is done (except for the cleaning...will that stench ever go away? Maybe when the boys move out?? That's only 10 or 12 more years...), our room is about half done and the outside is almost done. No more details, but I promise it'll be ready by Monday, for the MHH Holiday Tour of Homes! If you want to participate, sign up here! Or, if you'd prefer, just leave me a message here on this post. Either way, check back Monday and take the tour of several beautiful homes!!
We are going Friday to get the tree. The plan is to pick the boys up from school and head to the Christmas tree farm...we'll cut our tree, stop by Starbucks for hot chocolate, then head home. Benjie already dug out the big tree stand, and has it ready and waiting, and I've been sorting ornaments and lights in preparation of the decorating party! It'll be a party of 5, with more hot chocolate, chili and cornbread, cookies, candy, and carols! Hopefully, I'll remember to get the camera out and take pictures!
What are you doing to get ready for Christmas? Leave me a message and tell me.
By the way, I'm working on a little give away for next week...we'll be touring my home all week, and I am planning a giveaway at the end of it! Stay tuned...
Merry, Merry!
Cathy

1 comment:

  1. I soooo love your mantel...just beautiful! Sounds like fun cutting down the tree...we used to do that when the kids were little and I was still married. Now I just opt for the fake tree!!!

    Hugz,
    Michele

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Please leave me a message to say hi!

About Me

I love to cook, decorate, entertain and plan the holidays. I'm wife to one handsome man and mom to three handsome boys, I love God, my family and my country. I'm the one at the small town parade waving the American flag!! Almost all the holidays are celebrated at our house, and we like it that way!!