Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Can you believe it? Day 15 Already!!

People, it's July 15th!! The middle of the month...five weeks until school starts (praise God!)...two weeks until my trip to Chicago...and only 163 days until Christmas! So exciting!

Today I had on my schedule to make an altered drink carrier and to make more salt dough ornaments tomorrow. I'm actually a bit ahead of that schedule...the salt doughs are made, just waiting paint and glitter. So I've decided that today I'll make a run to Sonic (when I go to the laundry mat to do some towels and underwear...washer is on the blink and won't be fixed until Friday) and get a drink carrier (or maybe two, if I'm lucky enough!) and get those done tonight or tomorrow. I have the paper cut, so it's just a matter of painting them and gluing on the paper.

Then tomorrow we'll paint and glitter, and I'll use those little masterpieces on the centerpiece for breakfast Saturday.

So, see, things ARE getting done...just on a slightly different schedule than originally planned. And, People, that is progress in this house!!

And a special thanks to my buddy Ginger for putting my little projects on the front page of MHH! Whoo hoo! I'm famous! LOL!

What are YOU doing to get ready for Christmas in July?

Merry, Merry!
Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Please leave me a message to say hi!

About Me

I love to cook, decorate, entertain and plan the holidays. I'm wife to one handsome man and mom to three handsome boys, I love God, my family and my country. I'm the one at the small town parade waving the American flag!! Almost all the holidays are celebrated at our house, and we like it that way!!