Sunday, July 6, 2008

Day 6!

Today is officially day 6 of Christmas in July, and I actually feel like I've accomplished some things. I didn't get to shop for 8 stocking stuffers this weekend as I'd planned-we're having van trouble and I hated to borrow Mom's truck again or ask Lynn to tote me around in his truck-which I DO NOT drive...so I'll try to do that tomorrow or sometime this week.

On tap for this week are clipboards, drink carriers and salt dough ornaments. I'm going to make at least one clipboard as a countdown calender, and the other a hugs and kisses-minus the picture. I'll have to add it later, because I want to do a Christmas photo, and I can't talk Lynn and the kids into putting on sweaters and Santa hats in July for a photo. I can make the rest and leave the picture for last.

The salt dough ornaments are going to be gifts and for our trees. I'm planning on doing cowboys and cowboy hats for the little boys' cowboy themed room (and let them paint their own ornaments), and some heart shaped ones for our tree in our room, as well as some other trees. My theme this year is "The Heart of Christmas" and I want to use at least one or two hearts on each tree in the house. I also have a star cookie cutter, so I was thinking they would make good teacher and neighbor gifts...painted a bright color and glittered to high heaven!

Tomorrow I'll share the recipe for salt-dough ornaments and also some more gift ideas!!

What are you doing to get ready for Christmas in July??

Merry, Merry!
Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Please leave me a message to say hi!

About Me

I love to cook, decorate, entertain and plan the holidays. I'm wife to one handsome man and mom to three handsome boys, I love God, my family and my country. I'm the one at the small town parade waving the American flag!! Almost all the holidays are celebrated at our house, and we like it that way!!