Thursday, July 10, 2008

Day 10

See this fabric? They are two of my favorite fabrics in my entire house. The cream and red toile is my window treatment in our bedroom. For my on-going angst about it, check out the Hamlet. The black and white check is part of what I often use on my kitchen table...I have three different sized black and white checks that I use often. I love toile and checks together. As most of you know, I'm working on several paper projects that I would LOVE to use toile and checks on. But, have you ever tried to find scrapbook paper in toile and checks. I KNOW that there is some out there, but I haven't been too successful in finding it. So, I made my own!!



The photo below is photocopies of the fabric! I just took it over to Office Depot, paid eight cents per copy for black and white copies and VIOLA!! Check and toile papers! I did two different versions of the toile...and I plan to take the other sized checked pieces over there and copy them, too. And, later on, I'll be copying the red in color to wrap gifts. Is that cool, or what!


Look for these little gems on a clipboard, drink box or other craft, coming soon!!
Speaking of clipboards, I haven't forgotten them...I just haven't gotten them where I want them to be, so I haven't posted pictures of them, yet. But I will. Just as soon as they are done. I promise!!
And, I haven't forgotten my salt dough pictures...just not quite done with that yet, either. Look for it soon!!
What are you doing to get ready for Christmas in July?
Merry, Merry!
Cathy

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love those patterns (on the fabric and the paper).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Please leave me a message to say hi!

About Me

I love to cook, decorate, entertain and plan the holidays. I'm wife to one handsome man and mom to three handsome boys, I love God, my family and my country. I'm the one at the small town parade waving the American flag!! Almost all the holidays are celebrated at our house, and we like it that way!!