Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Day 2 of the 31 Days of Rudolph


I spent a little time yesterday working on my calendar for the holidays. Of course, it's hard to know what will pop up between now and then, but there are a few "written in stone" things that I can plan, and still be flexible enough for the pop-ups! Some things I am relatively certain that we'll be doing are:

*In September, we'll be hosting our monthly family breakfast on September 20 and I have Bunco here on September 11. We'll need menus for both of those events

*In October, we have breakfast on the 11th (moved from the 18th because of the NEXT BIG WEDDING on the 18th), our Halloween party, Boo!Bash2! on the 25th and then Halloween itself on the 31st. We always have friends over for dinner and trick or treating, so I'll need to plan that dinner. Additionally in October, we have our anniversary-#10!! on October 2 and my birthday is the 16th. We are planning a little anniversary trip the weekend of the 3rd, so we'll see how that goes.

*November brings breakfast on the 15th, Thanksgiving at my Mom's on the 27th (I'll be doing a few dishes for this), Holiday Open House for my business on Black Friday (November 28), and then Lynn's family Thanksgiving on the 29th. Then, it's on to:

*December, which, of course, is a busy, busy month! It starts in early December, the first in fact, with our local Christmas parade. This has become a big deal with our family, because that's when the big jolly elf in red velvet makes his first appearance around here. I'm not sure how much longer we'll have little believers in our house, so I want to make the most of this. The picture above is from last year's parade...you can see the excitement on Jacob's face! We usually have a soup supper that night, then I make popcorn and hot chocolate to tote with us to watch the parade. After, we hit the courthouse lawn for choirs singing, decoration looking and cookie munching! How fun!! December marches on with a brunch I'm planning at church (more on this later), family breakfast, Jacob's birthday, Mom's birthday, Christmas Eve at our house, Christmas day and New Year's Eve meals to be planned.

So, my chore today is to plan the menus for all the above!! But first, we're off to the movie for the $1 matinee, then I'll settle down and get this done! Well, that's the plan anyway!!

What are YOU doing in July to get ready for Christmas?
Merry, Merry!'
Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Please leave me a message to say hi!

About Me

I love to cook, decorate, entertain and plan the holidays. I'm wife to one handsome man and mom to three handsome boys, I love God, my family and my country. I'm the one at the small town parade waving the American flag!! Almost all the holidays are celebrated at our house, and we like it that way!!