Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Cutie Pie Ornaments

Remember, we made salt dough ornaments yesterday. So, today we painted and glittered them, of course! I now have glitter on everything in my kitchen, and what's not glittered is painted. And some things are both. But, the ornaments turned out very cute! Remember, each boy cut out, painted and glittered his own ornaments. These particular ornaments will be on their own trees in their room at Christmas.


These are Jonah's ornaments. I'm not really sure what the brown rabbit has to do with Christmas, but hey-it's his tree, he can have what he wants! Check out the fabulous silver glittered shirt on the cowboy! Can you say "urban cowboy"?



And these are Benjie's ornaments. You'll notice that B (as we call him) has a little of his mom in him...his ornaments are multi-toned glittery creations-no simple one color glitter for B! I especially like the glittered trains-who wouldn't want to ride on a glitter covered train?
Tomorrow, I'll show you my salt dough creations and another little project I'm working on...see the fabrics in the above pictures? It involves both of those!
What are you doing to get ready for Christmas in July?
Merry, Merry!
Cathy










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Please leave me a message to say hi!

About Me

I love to cook, decorate, entertain and plan the holidays. I'm wife to one handsome man and mom to three handsome boys, I love God, my family and my country. I'm the one at the small town parade waving the American flag!! Almost all the holidays are celebrated at our house, and we like it that way!!